A Major Commercial Insurer
Canterbury Christ Church University - a business process review
Business process review of examinations and assessments
A detailed review of Canterbury Christ Church University’s method of assessment and examination processes.
A major commercial insurer wanted to deliver and implement new databases and models to improve claims reserving analysis capability; improve understanding of discrepancies between reserving and reporting and ultimately to support meeting solvency II requirements for data quality.
Goals and challenges
- Fragmented nature of data
- Multiple systems and off system calculations and data sets to manage.
The management consultancy business of Capita provided key techinical analysis and development skills which were required due to the nature of the programme. A deep understanding of actuarial processes and the underpinning of the transactional data was necessary for success.
Results and benefits
Back to case studies
- A consolidated data store containing data from all commercial claims systems
- Complex data manipulation performed on loading, significantly reducing the manual manipulation of data by actuarial team
- Improved reconciliation with finance reducing time spent on reconciliation and investigation of differences.