The University of the Highlands and Islands
Outline business case for a new operating model
An outline business case (OBC) for a new operating model for The University of The Highlands and Islands.
Barclays Global was looking to implement an identity management solution across the bank in order to centrally control access and rights to key business systems.
Goals and challenges
- Implement an identity management solution that will become the one central repository for managing and maintaining the user’s identity lifecycle
- Provide automated and simple certification of user access for line managers in order to reduce time and effort
- Specify segregation of duty rules across the business. This will then allow automatic compliance checking resulting in identification of non-compliance
- Auto provision and de-provision user access and user rights.
The management consultancy business of Capita provided a small team whose approach was to address systems in turn based on our defined methodology and approach. Principal responsibilities included:„„
- Analysis of ‘as-is’ business processes around applications
- Aiding business requirement definition
- Assisting UAT from a business perspective
- Access control list definition including scoping and analysis of applications and extract specification design.
Results and benefits
Back to case studies
- Ability to view and manage all users access in one central location
- Reduction in administration and support teams across the business, impacting on cost
- Reduction in time for creation and removal of accounts / access
- Reduction in time and effort for recertification of access
- Centralised audit trail.