Local government service delivery shapes all of our lives – not just the most vulnerable in our society. It now faces unprecedented challenges, and equally unprecedented decisions, to ensure front line services continue to be provided. The current transformation agenda is therefore about ensuring that every pound spent makes as bigger difference to people’s lives as possible.
As the Consulting business of Capita, we have a systematic and intelligent approach to exploring all options for savings, beyond “cuts”:
- Reducing bureaucracy – one call, one assessment, one person – no silos
- Improving processes and systems – right first time, every time – no waste, all value add
- Focussing on the customer – ensuring the service meets the customer needs and that all non-value-add activity is removed
- Sharing services and focussing on core functions – honing down on what Councils are good at and sharing common processes – focus on what make a difference
- Insight – getting to know the needs of your community to prevent and intervene – predict the future
- Rethinking – taking a radical look at how services can be delivered differently – new operating models, partnership working and organisational structures
- Procuring better – controlling third party expenditure, ensuring compliance, and recommissioning services
As the UKs largest Local Government partner Capita can help with the current challenges facing Local Government.
We are a national organisation, that delivers locally, and we are able to bring the best of breed from across the sector and modify this to suit your local needs.
We offer certainty of delivery in pressured times as our people have unrivalled experience in sustainably transforming the way services are delivered.
We are currently delivering hundreds of millions of cashable savings to the Local Government community across all major council portfolios.
Register to follow the Capita blog www.localgovernmentmatters.co.uk that features topical comments and our latest thought leadership pieces, click here to find out more.